Turner Conservatory Restoration
Winner of the An Taisce Ellison award 2014 for Conservation and Restoration
The Turner Conservatory at Rokeby Hall dates back to 1850. It had suffered much deterioration which had greatly accelerated since the winter of 2010/2011. The original upper level curved roof was missing and had been replaced (circa 1955) by a rough triangular structure. The original glass had been replaced by a fibreglass covering on the roof and Perspex panels on the walls. The front wall of the conservatory was in danger of collapsing.